I’m Bob Bly. And if you’re one of my e-newsletter subscribers, book readers, seminar attendees, prospects, or clients, then you’ve already heard my name … and may even know something about me, my work, and my reputation in the field.
If so, then you’re at least a little familiar with me … and maybe you like what I do … and me personally. And based on that alone, taking my new Pilot Program “How to Start and Run a Successful Copywriting Business” is likely a safe and smart choice for a copywriting course for you.
As it happens, years ago, a young copywriter I trained went into the business of being a copywriting mentor and teacher when he had less than 2 years of experience as a copywriter.
I thought, “This guy has balls to declare himself a copywriting guru.”
But is it really a good idea to learn from a so-called copywriting teacher who has been writing for far fewer years than many of his students? Or who has paper-thin qualifications, and also a miniscule client list not containing recognizable names of top clients?”
By comparison, my bona fides include:
· 4+ decades of experience as a full-time professional copywriter.
· Former adjunct professor of copywriting at New York University.
· AWAI Copywriter of the Year, Gold Echo, and many other copywriting awards.
· Author of 100 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook, a standard reference work in the field.
· Have written copy for 100+ clients including IBM, Kiplinger’s, AT&T, and GE.
· Have earned six figures a year for decades and accumulated a 7-figure net worth from freelance copywriting.
· Still an active copywriter today working 60-hour weeks—and writing every day of the year.
· Featured in major media including CBS Hard Copy, Los Angeles Times, Nation’s Business, and many more newspapers, magazines, TV, and radio shows.
· I write promotions that regularly boost response rates for my clients from 10% to 900%.
· Have written over 100 articles for publications including Writer’s Digest, Cosmopolitan, City Paper, and Successful Meetings.
· I have written copy and content for virtually every marketing channel, from radio commercials and video sales letters, to direct mail packages and email marketing campaigns, to websites and white papers.
· No copywriter alive today has written for more industries than I have—from dietary supplements and investment newsletters, to equipment for refineries and chemical plants, to wastewater treatment and air pollution control, to telecommunications and software, to food and furniture – and many more.
Now, of the items above, one stands out….
Specifically, I strongly advise you to make sure your copywriting teacher is still an active practitioner writing for real clients.
Reason: Marketing is evolving so rapidly today, you want to learn from a copywriting instructor who is right in the thick of it, at the front line, helping clients increase sales and make more money. Only working copywriters are current on and practiced in modern marketing -- and up-to-date on new sales channels and selling methods.
On the other hand, steer clear of courses from copywriting gurus who proudly proclaim they no longer write for clients. Once they decide to get out of the game and sit on the sidelines, they can no longer keep up or teach you what’s working in today’s multichannel marketing world.
You save $4,500 when you select
our “fly-on-the-wall” option today!
As one of my “fly on the wall” attendees, you get the core content for the fraction of the cost of becoming a full member.
And just to be clear, let me repeat:
This is not just training on how to write A-level copy, although copywriting is the skill I help you master. It is also NOT just a class on how to write copy -- but also how to succeed as a freelance copywriter.
You see, in sharp contrast to many who now just teach copywriting, I am in the trenches every day actually doing it—60 hour a week, 51 weeks a year. This is a very different perspective than many classes being offered.
Here’s just a sampling of what you’ll master as a fly on the wall in this Pilot Program for my new course—“How to Start and Run a Successful Copywriting Business” ….